Asian Patagonia of Pamiro-Alay. Experienced Technical Climbing
The Pamir Alai mountain range is a paradise for alpinists. An entire constellation of grandiose granite peaks juts from a narrow 20-kilometer strip of the Turkestan ridge. Every summer, outstanding mountain climbers gather there. On the area’s menu, there are rock formations for every taste. The north face Ak-Su Peak is delicacy for the gourmet: over 1500 meters of irreproachable granite. To feel the grandeur and power of this mountain, one needs to come to its base – or, even better, experience it on any of the 13 established routes. Until the winter season of 1998-’99, however, no one had succeeded in going to the top of Ak-Su in winter.
ClimberCA has every reason to say that “Asian Patagonia” (Kyrgyz Part of Turkestan Ridge of Pamir Alai) is the familiar area for us.
Thank you for your interest and, please, find related items adjoined for your consideration – Map and routes of the region of Pamir Alay, called “Asian Patagonia“.
MAP of Aksu, Asan-Usen, Sabakh regions
- Aksu (5217 m) peak. North face. Routes
- Aksu -Admiralteets peaks panorama. Routes
- “Pillar” of Admiralteets peak. Routes
- A. Block (5239 m) peak. North face. Routes
- A.Block peak. West face. Routes
- Petrogradets (5163 m) – Iskander (5129 m) peak. Routes
- “Pillar” of Iskander peak. Routes
- Small Iskander peak. Routes
Asan-Usen regions– Photos
- Common panorama Asan – 4810 – Usen – 1000 letia – Routes
- Asan (4230 m) peak. North West face. – Routes
- Peak 4810 (4810 m). North West face. – Routes